Saturday, March 26, 2011

Homemade Spicy Ranch

I love spicy ranch dressing.  To cut down on calories, I figured how to make my own.  The first thing I do is make the ranch with a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing packet.  You add one cup of milk with one cup of mayonnaise to the contents of the package.  I make it with Kraft Olive Oil Mayonnaise and Skim Milk which brings the calorie count for one tablespoon to just under 30 calories.  When I go to make up my salad, I mix one tablespoon of ranch with two tablespoons of FRESH salsa.  There is only 10 calories for every 2 TBS of this, (at least the kind I use).  This gives me three tablespoons of delicious dressing for 40 calories.  Not to bad.... 

Fresh Salsa is something that I add to just about every meal because it adds a ton of flavor with minimal calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment